Anti-aging Eye Care & Aesthetics
Updated: Aug 31, 2019
#olympiaoptics @stayfocused @aestheticscentreolympia
Anti-aging Eye Care = Vision + Health + Aesthetics
Our skin around the eye is delicate, taking good care of your skin will not only protect you against skin cancers, it will also help keep your skin looking supple and young for many years to come.
There are several things that you can start doing today. Here are Olympia Optics tips on Anti-aging Eye Care:
* UV protection: Ultraviolet light (UV) from the sun and other artificial sources (like tanning beds) cause breakdown of collagen which leads to wrinkles and sun spots (facial hyperpigmentation)
Wear high SPF sunscreen and wrap sunglasses as well as hats to protect your skin.
* Diet: Food that provokes inflammation processes in our bodies should be avoided. A process called glycation, sugars found in foods with a high glycemic index bind to collagen and elastin, weakening them.
* Active lifestyle: Daily moderate exercise (defined as exercising at 40 to 60 percent of your maximum heart rate) is not only healthy for your weight, heart, and lungs, but it provides a rejuvenating effect on the skin.
* Cease smoking: Nicotine in cigarettes causes narrowing of blood vessels in the outermost layers of skin, leading to impaired circulation. A weaker blood supply means fewer nutrients and many collagen-destroying chemicals in nicotine lead to increased ageing.
* Reduce Stress: Nothing takes its toll on your body faster than constant worry, anxiety, or stress. Stress can age your brain, increase your blood pressure, and disrupt your sleeping habits, all of which combined can make you look older, as well. You can do that by limiting the amount of caffeine you drink, avoiding processed foods, which can put stress on your digestive system, trying taking up a weekly yoga or meditation session to boost your mood and calm your mind.
* Sleep 7 - 8 hours per night: The term "beauty sleep" comes from the fact that the skin automatically regenerates and repairs itself at night. Avoid sleeping on your stomach, you may notice more puffiness, especially around the eyes, as fluid cannot drain quite so easily in this position.
These are a few tips on how to take care to avoid premature ageing.
Stay happy and healthy with Olympia Optics.